Privacy and Security Policy
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.artive.org is a site operated by Artive Inc, which is a non-profit organization headquartered in the United States of America.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you register with us, we may collect the following personal data about you:
We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
- your name, age and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone) and e-mail details;
- your user name and password;
- when you purchase a service, your payment card details;
- your communication preferences; and
- your date of birth.
HOW WE MAY STORE AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
AI (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
We also process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. When you purchase a service from us, we may offer to retain your payment card details for your convenience to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because AI has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
- to make this Website available to you;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS, push and e-mail) about services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
E-MAIL NEWSLETTER PREFERENCES
At such time that we publish e-mail newsletters then we will upon registration provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive such e-mail newsletters.
PERSONALISED BANNER ADVERTISING
TARGETED UPDATES AND MARKETING
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes, we may send you emails and other communications relating to services which we think will be of interest and relevant to you.
We use the following cookies:
You are able to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website and purchase services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or Secure Socket Layer technology) to encode personal data that you send to us through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters, numbers and symbols is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. [You can do this by going to “My Account” and clicking “Change password”].
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from artive.org asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
THIRD PARTY SITES